Faster Zenfone 3 Deluxe with SD 823 is coming
Asus global has confirmed that the Asus Zenfone 3 trio including the 6GB RAM-equipped Zenfone 3 Deluxe and phablet Zenfone 3 Ultra will be released this upcoming August in the Philippines. But it looks like the Zenfone 3 Deluxe will sport a faster and more capable Snapdragon 823 chipset with the same quad-core CPU as the 820 on most current flagships.
More Zenfone 3 Deluxe news
- Asus Zenfone 3 vs Deluxe vs Ultra Specs and Price Comparison
- Asus Zenfone 3 Ultra vs Xiaomi Mi Max vs Xperia XA Ultra
- Zenfone 3 vs Zenfone 2 – What’s the difference?
Both release date and specs bump on the Philippine model of Zenfone 3 Deluxe (and probably on other regions including India) make some surprises for the eager fans.
For starters, Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 823 has a higher clock speed of up to 3.0GHz and can support 8GB RAM. The SD X12 4G LTE modem has the same max download speed of up to 600Mbps as to SD 820. Meanwhile, the SD 830 will have a 980Mbps theoretical max speed.
See also: Samsung Galaxy A9 PRO vs non-pro A9
The rumored devices aside from Zenfone 3 Deluxe that will be powered by Snapdragon 823 chip includes the upcoming OnePlus 3 and Samsung Galaxy Note 7. The Microsoft’s Surface Phone, however, is expected to be released with SD 830 chip early next year.
Asus Zenfone 3 Deluxe full specs, official price, release date in the Philippines
- Display: 5.7-inch Full HD 1080p Super AMOLED, 386 ppi
- Design: Metal body, Gorilla Glass 4, Always on
- Chip: Snapdragon 820 or 823
- CPU: Quad-core processor
- Adreno: 530 graphics
- RAM: 6GB
- Memory: 64GB internal storage, microSD up to 128GB
- Camera: 23MP PixelMaster, f2.0 aperture, 4K video, dual-LED flash, laser focus, phase detection, focus tracking, OIS, EIS, HDR
- Selfie: 8MP f2.0, wide-angle, 1080p video
- Connectivity: 4G LTE dual-SIM, GPS, WiFi a, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC
- Ports: USB type-C with USB 3.0 speed
- Audio: High-res Audio, NXP smart amp drive loudspeaker
- Security: Fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 3000mAh, Quick Charge 3.0 of Qualcomm
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow, Zen UI 3.0
- Colors: Titanium Gray, Glacier Silver, Sand Gold
- Price: $499 for 64GB/6GB RAM model or estimated Php 26k from Asus PH
- Release date: August 2016 in the Philippines