Sony has unveiled an improved version of its flagship Xperia 1 II smartphone in Japan.
The Xperia 1 II, which debuted in February and has gone on sale in tons of areas of the world, collectively with Japan, has solely 8GB of RAM. The new version, outfitted acceptable now, obtained 12 GB of RAM. Besides the elevated quantity of RAM, the smartphone is obtainable in a new coloration – Frosted Black (matte black).
Sony goes to promote the new version of the Xperia 1 II with out being tied to the operator, whereas thus far the Sony flagship was obtainable to the Japanese solely by two native telecom giants – NTT docomo and au KDDI.
The Xperia 1 II version with 12 GB of RAM and mannequin quantity XQ-AT42 should not be going to go on sale shortly – October 30, 2020. The value is $1170.
At the second, the frequent version of the Xperia 1 II with eight GB of RAM and 256 GB of flash reminiscence is obtainable in shiny black at a steered retail value of $1,199.
Sony Xperia 1 II specs
- 6.5-inch (1644x3840pixels) 4K OLED HDR Display with 21:9 aspect ratio, 100% DCI-P3 coloration gamut, X1 for cell, Motion Blur Reduction, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 safety
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB RAM, 256GB inside reminiscence, expandable reminiscence as a lot as 1TB by technique of microSD card
- Android 10
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP rear digicam with Exmor RS sensor, 1/1.7″ sensor, f/1.7 aperture, Hybrid OIS/EIS. In addition to 12MP f/2.2 aperture 1/2.55″ 135° terribly wide-angle. 12MP f/2.Four aperture 1/3.4″ 34° telephoto lens, Hybrid OIS/EIS, 3x optical zoom, 960 fps Super sluggish movement, 3D iToF sensor
- 8MP front-facing digicam with 1/ 4″ Exmor RS sensor, f/2.zero aperture,1.12μm pixel measurement, 84° wide-angle lens
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speaker, Dolby Atmos, DSEE Ultimate, Stereo Recording, Qualcomm aptX HD audio
- Side-mounted Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 166 × 72 × 7.9mm; Weight: 181g
- Water Resistant (IP65/IP68)
- 5G (sub-6GHz) / 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) 2 x 2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C
- 4000mAh Battery with 21W USB-PD quick charging, Qi Wireless charging
Xperia smartphones will ship Sony a earnings for the first time in Four years
Many have already stopped following Sony’s cell enterprise data. However, Sony itself believes in a renaissance and is heading in course of value optimization and attempting to assemble a new employees.
During its remaining report on the outcomes of the second quarter of this 12 months, the agency launched the present of 800 thousand Xperia smartphones. This is 100 thousand lower than a 12 months earlier, nonetheless twice as a lot as in the first quarter of 2020. Given the market disaster and falling demand amid the coronavirus pandemic, Sony’s end consequence can also be thought-about a success.
Encouraged by what’s going on on, the agency talked about that the agency’s cell enterprise will ship earnings for the first time in Four years based mostly on the outcomes of operations from April 2020 to March 2021. Of the fascinating parts, it’s value noting that the agency associates its short-term future with funds and mid-range smartphones.